Members are reminded that Zombie Enterprise Agreements will automatically terminate on 7 December 2023.
- What is a Zombie Enterprise Agreement?
This is an Enterprise Agreement (Zombie EA) that:
- Was made prior to January 2010
- Have passed their nominal expiry date; and
- Is still in effect.
If you are not sure if you and your employees are covered by a Zombie EA you can find a list of these agreements published by the Fair Works Commission here.
- Notification requirement by 7 June 2023
- If your employees are covered by a Zombie EA you are required to give written notice to all employees who are covered by the agreement about the ‘sunsetting’ of the agreement before 7 June 2023.
- If you are unsure what form this notice should take the Fair Work Commission has published a Template notice to assist you as well as a Written notice guide.
You can find more information on your responsibilities here, or contact our Workplace Relations and Legal Team on (02) 6175 5900.